Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

This post is a little late, but at this point, I'm just happy if I ever post anything!

I think Mother's Day sort of snuck up on us. I didn't really think about the fact that I am a mother now so that day was also for me! My mom told me they were having a cookout at my Grandma's. But I had just been to Wichita Falls and my mom had just been here, and I knew Rustin wouldn't really want to make the "long" trip.

But Rustin's mom was in Seattle so we didn't have anything planned here, and I didn't want to spend my first Mother's Day sitting around the house. So I convinced Rustin to go to Wichita Falls.

I'm so glad we did. Almost my entire family was there, which was the first time we have been all together since my grandad's funeral, and we had a great time.

We were also able to meet my cousin Kenzie's husband, Eric Ward. He plays football for Tech and since Rustin went to school there (and is a huge Tech football fan), he was happy to meet him. I teased Rustin that he had a man crush on him haha. Here is the whole clan:


We wanted to get another picture with my grandma and her great grandbabies. We thought it would be best to hold them since last time when she tried to they were both crying! Soon we will have a third grandbaby!  My cousin, Lindsay, is pregnant with a little boy.


Avery is still a little wary of strangers - especially men. Uncle Bruce made her cry a few times. Then we tried to get her and Jayric to play. They were both sitting there all sweet so I decided to get a picture. The moment I got the camera, Avery started crying!


And then we had to do another four generations picture.


We had a great time! I was so glad we made the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment