Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

I wanted to get some pictures of Avery at the Pumpkin Patch this year, so I thought with my mom being in town that would be the perfect time since she could be the photographer!

We went to the Owens Farm one in Richardson because it is right by Rustin's work and he was able to meet us there over lunch. 

I knew Avery would have fun, but I underestimated just how much fun she would have...and how cool that pumpkin patch is! 

Our first stop was to get some pictures while she was happy - 







If you're wondering what she was yelling at and throwing her arms up for - it was the goats. She was facing them while we were taking pictures and could not wait to get over there to them.




They also offered a hayride. At first I wasn't going to take her on it because for some reason I thought it would be really long and she would start crying and we'd be stuck. But the man who drove it approached us and said they were about to leave so I thought we'd try and I'm so glad we did! She had SO much fun! Of course, she's fine as long as we're moving, and during the hayride we passed ponies and more goats. She was squealing at them as we passed.




After the hayride we went to the other barns and she saw pigs, rabbits and horses.

Then at the end we all got to pick our own pumpkin out of the patch.




I think we all had as much fun as she did! I'm looking forward to making this a family tradition for years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment