Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Christmas Lights in a Wine Bottle

So this idea was definitely not original with me. I saw this at a friend's house and LOVED it and had to copy! (That's right - I took a picture of it...along with a ton of other things in her house because it was SO cute!) So I thought I would share in case anyone else wants to do this.


Of course I went to Pinterest and there were tons of pins on how to do this, but almost all of them required drilling a hole in the bottom of the wine bottle, and a glass drill bit is just not something I have on hand. Plus with the way my plugs are located, it would be better for the cord to come out of the top to be even with the plug-in and therefore less cord would show.

So anyway I got some Christmas lights (after Christmas) at Garden Ridge for 50% off. Then I bought a bottle of wine - not for the type of wine - but based SOLELY on a cute bottle....of course.

There may be an easier way to do this, but this is just how I did it. Since I didn't know how many lights to cut off, I shoved as many in there that would fit (I used one of my husband's shish kabob skewers to push them down as I went, but a screwdriver would also work), then I counted how many excess I had. 


Then I had to pull it all out and cut them off from the other end (the end without the plug). After I cut it, I wrapped up the end in electrical tape. Stinks because I had to pull them out and do it all over but, again, not sure of a faster way. And all in all this project did not take more than 20 minutes. 



And this is the finished product. I feel like it adds that extra touch of warmth to the kitchen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment