Saturday, August 2, 2014

More Pallet Art


Thanks to my dad and father in law, who both gave me pallets, and my neighbor who tore his fence down and gave me access to as much wood as I wanted, I have had plenty of supplies for making pallet art! So that's exactly what I've done...

First, I have definitely needed some decor for the playroom upstairs. We've been here for over a year and I have had NOTHING on the walls. I guess I've just been too focused on downstairs. First I used one piece of wood and made these little guys with the girls' names on each one to display their work. As much as I LOVE Avery's artwork, my fridge can only take so much.


I made another one with Arden's name on it, but obviously she hasn't contributed any work yet :)

There was still one wall that needed something. I like using just a part of a Bible verse. Since I hand-paint the lettering, the fewer words, the better. I can foresee sisters fighting so I thought this phrase was perfect from John 13:34. I am a perfectionist and always critique my work, so if I was to do it over again, I would have done probably one or two less pennants.


Speaking of pennants, I'm kind of obsessed with decorating with them. I've used them on a few things so I should probably stop so it's not overkill. But they're all in different rooms so that's ok right?? For these I just used scrapbook paper.

Since I made Arden a sign for her room, I figured Avery needed one as well. I'll be honest - this one was a beating. I originally did it in antique white with black lettering, but it seemed too harsh so I primed it and started over. Her room is white, pink, and green, so I feel like these colors went a lot better. I chose this phrase from Proverbs 31:25. I love both of the verses in the girls' rooms and pray they become a reality in their lives.



Just a reminder this is the one in Arden's room -


And finally the last one. I am done after this because I think I am pushing the limits on how many of these are appropriate for one household. We have had a spot in our master bath that has needed something since we moved in. I chose this phrase from Psalm 118:24. I am not a morning person. I don't know how to emphasize that more. But when you become a parent, you have no choice. So when I am woken up in the morning, I am not happy about starting the day. I thought having this verse would be a good reminder that each day is a gift from God. I'm usually still bitter until I've had my coffee but I'm working on it...


No comments:

Post a Comment