Monday, July 21, 2014

Arden's Nursery

Arden's room is a little narrow, so I wasn't able to really get a picture of the "whole room," but I tried to take pictures of as much of it as I could. The lighting was not good (I just cannot take good pictures indoors), so I tried to edit the photos which sort of makes the colors seem to not match, but I used the exact blue and pink paint on everything so it really does all match, I promise!

I'll start with my favorite. I made this sign out of wood pallets. I just love the verse and pray that it is a constant reminder to her to let herself be defined by God and not by the world's standards. I know as a girl it's tough to compare yourself and not feel as pretty as someone else but I just hope that she finds her identity in the One who created her.




These letters are above her bed. I did the same thing in Avery's room. I bought the unfinished letters at Hobby Lobby, painted them, then hung them with ribbon. 


I searched for nursery bedding for her, but couldn't find any I liked as well as the bedding we used for Avery. I just LOVE it! So maybe that's not the "cool" thing to do, but I reused it. After all, Avery's not using it anymore since she has her big girl bed. It has so many different colors in it, so I just decided to pull out the blue and pink instead of the green and pink that I used for Avery. Full disclosure - I really wanted to get the same bedding for Avery's big girl bed but I figured I should stop myself at some point. It is the Hayley bedding from pottery barn kids. 



I used an old window pane as decor above the dresser. I got the window pane in Canton and painted it blue. I also made the banner to go over it.

Side note - if you are going to paint several items like I did, the best thing to do is go to Sherwin Williams and get a sample. They're cheap and even though I painted a bunch, I've barely used any. I would have had to buy several bottles of craft paint to do the same thing. 



For her trash can, I bought an unfinished wood one at Hobby Lobby and painted it. 


Then of course I had to make a wreath for her! 


Lastly, the curtain. It was my one big splurge. But hey I figured since I made pretty much everything and reused the bedding and crib I could splurge on one thing right?? For Avery we got blackout curtains from pottery barn kids and they were worth every penny. Rustin likes them because of the cost savings from blocking the sun, and I like them because I can make her room SUPER dark for nap time. And let's be honest, nap time is sacred. So anyway I had my heart set on this certain curtain at pbk. It was one of those things I didn't figure we had to have right away so I was going to wait on it. Well when I went to order it, I only saw the white one (and I wanted pink). I talked to an associate and they told me the pink one had been "discontinued and was no longer available online or in stores." I was so mad!! So I scour the internet and find the exact curtain on eBay. It was the only listing for it and I immediately snatched it up. My mom and dad ended up getting that for Arden. I couldn't get the lighting right so the picture's not that great, but here are some of the curtain -



I am really happy with it. It is a very heavy duty curtain, and that window faces east so I needed something to really block the morning sun. Because - can you really put a price on a few extra hours of sleep??

I should also give credit to Rustin. He painted her entire room by himself and did a great job! We used Macadamia by Sherwin Williams.

I hope she likes her room, and we can't wait to bring her home to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment