Saturday, January 31, 2015

Arden Four Months

My little chunk is four months old!



Here are her stats:
Weight - 14lbs 2.5oz (63%)
Length - 25 inches (77%)
Head Circumference - 16 inches (42%)

...And she's wearing 9 month clothes at this point. I feel like she is way heavier than Avery but she is only one pound more than she was at this age. And it seems (according to the percentiles) she is middle of the road. Maybe all the rolls and double chin are throwing me off! :)

Apparently she looks just like me. (I'm on the left, Arden's on the right.)


I feel like she has developed quite the personality over the last month. She loves smiling and laughing (she's ticklish). She also kicks all. the. time. When she is on my lap I have to block her feet or she'll kick me to death. And I get soaked while giving her a bath from her kicking.

She has discovered her feet and her ability to spit. And she rolled over for the first time on January 9 (from tummy to back). 

She's been doing good in her own room. She takes about five 30 minute naps during the day but usually only wakes up once at night, so I'll take it. I remember the short naps drove me NUTS with Avery, but I learned from her there is nothing you can do about it, so I just go with it. Avery eventually grew out of it and I know she will too. This time it doesn't bother me so much because I am up all day with Avery anyway so it's not like I'm hoping for a nap of my own or anything.

Judge me if you will but she still sleeps in the swing. Avery did for six months and she's fine so I figure I'll move her eventually. 

Before she goes to sleep, she makes all this noise. We call it her "sleepy song." I sing "Jesus Loves Me" to her each time before putting her down and Rustin thinks it's her trying to sing along. I always know if she's making those sing-songy sounds that she is about to go to sleep. It's super cute.

I know I've said this before but she is seriously the most chill baby ever! Maybe you have to be when you're not the only one?


No comments:

Post a Comment