Sunday, March 11, 2012

Daylight Savings

Not sure if anyone else cares, but if there's other new moms like me who weren't sure how to handle daylight savings time and baby's sleep schedule, I thought I'd share...

As you know I am a huge fan of Dr. Weissbluth, the author of Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. I subscribe to his blog (http://weissbluthmethod.wordpress.com/) and there is tons of helpful info on there. I also like reading the comments section and seeing what other parents have to say. Anyway he posted this about daylight savings time:

If your child’s bedtime is 6pm, then after we change our clocks, still put your baby to sleep at 6pm. We eat, play, rest, and bathe around the same clock times and these social cues help tell the child when bedtime is coming.
Sweet Dreams!
Marc

This helped me because I wasn't sure if I should put her to bed at 8 since she usually goes down at 7. But I guess I will keep it 7 (which will be like 6 to her). I guess we'll see how tonight goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment