Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Trip to Salado

I finally did it - I left Avery overnight. My friends planned to go to Salado, TX to celebrate Jana's 30th birthday. I had an email typed up saying I couldn't go, but I really wanted to! And I figured Rustin could hold down the fort for one night. Plus, I've known Jana since jr. high and really wanted to celebrate her 30th with her.

We stayed at the Salado Inn - 


It was very cute and quaint. The people who owned it made a home cooked breakfast in the morning and it was delicious! There were also journals in each room in which people who stayed there could write entries. A few were pretty interesting!

We decided to get a few pics on the balcony -



And of course had to get one of the birthday girl -


We went to two different wineries. One was horrible! The wine was so bad, but the lady running it was super nice and we got to sit outside and enjoy the weather -




The other winery we went to - Salado Creek Winery - was *really* good. They had several unique wines. One was called a "Chocolate Lab" and it seriously tasted like a grape tootsie pop. My favorite was the sweet white, and I brought home a bottle for Rustin :)


We also went to some antique shops and an art market. It was a lot of fun and nice to get away. I thought about it - that was the first night in about six months that I haven't slept with a monitor next to me. I could also really sleep in. Granted, I still woke up at 7 because I'm so used to waking up early, but that's better than 5:30! And Rustin did a great job watching Avery!

No comments:

Post a Comment