Monday, December 31, 2012

White Christmas in Allen

We had a great Christmas here in Allen with Rustin's family. We went to the Christmas Eve service at our church (Allen Bible) and then came back to our house.



Avery has learned her finger is the perfect shape to fit up her nose...


We had a lot of fun playing games with Rustin's parents and Casey. If you ever have a chance, you should play Catch Phrase with Rustin. A few of his memorable guesses were "Daniel" Seacrest, and then when I gave the hint "actor on Ghostbusters" he said Tom Selleck and Burt Reynolds. We also had a pretty intense game of Pit.


Then it snowed on Christmas Day!!! I know that may not sound that cool to someone from up North or something, but I have experienced very few White Christmases here in Texas. Plus, if it does "snow" it's usually freezing rain that just turns to ice/slush. But on Christmas Eve, I think the temp was about 60 - I didn't even wear a coat to the service that night. Then all of a sudden on Christmas, it just started snowing! 

Avery liked checking it out - 


Then Rustin put some in a bowl for her to play with. She kept saying "ice!"



Then we decided to take her outside in the snow. It was a little tricky because like I said before, she's not walking, so I wasn't sure how this was going to go. Plus, I don't really have snow clothes. I mean I didn't think about investing in that for my 15 month old who lives in Texas. 

So it started out with me holding her - 


Then she was fussing so I thought she wanted down, so I sat her in the snow to see if she'd play with it. Well then she really started crying. Could be because snow was getting in her boots, or her booty was cold because she could feel the snow through her fleece pants. 



So we decided to take her inside and then she *really* started crying! We didn't know if she wanted to go back out? So it's still up in the air whether or not she likes snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment