Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Avery 18 Months

Even though Avery turned a year and a half (wow) on March 7, she didn't have her check up until March 15 and I wanted to wait until I got her "stats" to write about it. But now I can't find them! (grrr) But I remember they said she is in the 80th percentile for height (still tall) and I think they said 40th for weight.

She has started saying very stinky "no's." I don't know how to explain it, but she says no very angrily. Sometimes she says it when she is frustrated, but she also says it a lot to show off. I know I should be telling her that's not a nice way to talk (which I do a lot) but most times I just try not to laugh.

Anyway the nurse was trying to get her head circumference and she said "do you want to wear my hat?" to try to make it fun. Avery didn't skip a beat and said "no." Then when the doctor was checking her out she started out saying nice no's to him, but he wasn't getting the hint so she gave him a really stinky no! I told him that's what she's started doing, and he said she's getting her little personality. And she sure is!

Now that the weather is nice, we've been going to the park a lot. Thankfully she can do things herself now, which means mom doesn't have to go up and down the stairs and slide every time with her. I used to come home from the park more exhausted than she was. I took a video the other day of her sliding by herself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWSYs8oWkbw

She has also started wanting to feed herself. She loves yogurt so that's usually what she eats with her spoon. I feel like it's a good learning food because she doesn't really have to "catch it," she just puts her spoon in there and it sticks to it. This is usually what she looks like after eating yogurt.


She has been loving playing with the dog Uncle Colby gave her for Christmas and decided he needed a diaper.


She also loves her family, including Uncle Casey -


She has adjusted to her new home really well. It was built by the same builder as our old house, so the downstairs floor plan is about the same. She really likes climbing up the stairs (with mom or dad behind her). I think her favorite part (and mine too) is our huge pantry. You can walk all the way in it and she loves going in there where she can see all the food and tells me what she wants. At first I thought it was not a good idea, but I kind of like it because I don't have to guess what she wants.

She is growing a little more hair. She had a rat's nest in it the other day and wouldn't let me comb it so I had to cut it out.

She is just the cutest little girl and is more and more fun every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment