Sunday, July 31, 2011

Maternity Photos

I was originally not going to get maternity pictures done. I didn't see why I would want permanent photo documentation of what I looked like at the most I've ever weighed. Also, the ones I'd seen seemed corny (the heart formed with hands on the belly) or slightly - I don't know how to say this - too much skin. Not that I judged them for showing too much skin - to each his own - it's just that I personally didn't feel comfortable baring that much. (I'm a wuss.)

But one of our friends, Tressa, emailed me one day and asked if she could do them for us. She said she was starting up a photography business and was trying to build her portfolio. And she offered to do them for free, so we were in! I figured if I looked like a whale, I wasn't out anything and could just never show them to anyone.

Anyway, pretty sure it was still 100 degrees when we did the pictures, but it was still fun! After going back and forth on location, we decided on Addison Circle, which was perfect! Rustin and I used to live there and LOVED it! If it was more conducive to raising kids, we would still be there.

Here are a few from the first place we stopped - Bosque Park.




Oh So Posh Photography in Dallas chose one of the pictures to post on her page to show off her edits, which I thought was really cool for Tressa. And man, it's crazy what a difference editing makes! It further confirms how ridiculous it is to compare ourselves to people in magazines.


And then we did it... the heart picture. Rustin and I both made fun of it before, but Tressa wanted us to do it, so we figured we would, and now I am eating my words. I really like how it turned out!

Then we did some by the Addison Conference Centre, and found a cool garden-type spot by there as well.





Then, hot as it was, we did one clothes change. Not sure why, but I really wanted to get a few pictures in high heels.



So even though I hadn't originally planned on getting them done, I am so glad we did! I think it's such a neat memory to have, and I can't wait to show them to Avery one day!

And we are very thankful for Tressa! She did a great job finding cool locations, telling us how to pose (I need lots of help with that), and editing the pictures! She's still working on her site, but it is www.tressavent.com. Check her out!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love the photos. They turned out great!! The bright colors in them are amazing!

    ReplyDelete