Thursday, August 18, 2011

Contractions

Today was a little crazy. I needed to get from Dallas to my OB appointment in McKinney and could have either taken 75 or the Tollway. I decided on the Tollway because there's usually less traffic - boy was I wrong! Apparently BOTH sides were shut down due to overturned vehicles. I called my doctor's office to let them know I'd be late (I was surrounded by cars and concrete and not moving at all!) and the girl said she would have to transfer me to scheduling because there's "no grace period" with a procedure (which was just my NST).  I wasn't seeing a doctor or anything, so I wouldn't be messing up anyone's schedule. And I can't say how many times I've gone into their office and waited 30 minutes or more, yet they couldn't allow me one day to be late? Luckily the girl in scheduling was really nice and told me to just come in when I could.

I was still fuming about being stuck in traffic (did I mention I hate traffic??) and about what the receptionist said. Then I finally got through the madness and passed the wreck. It looked like the cars had gotten into a head-on collision. The front half of both cars were completely smashed and I could see where the airbags deployed. Then it made me realize I could have easily been in a wreck like that, and I felt bad that I was annoyed about meaningless things.

So I finally get to the doctor (an hour late) and they hooked me up for the NST. When the nurse came back in she asked if I was having contractions and I told her no. Then she showed me the sheet and told me I had two! I guess I thought it was just the baby pushing on me. The doctor wanted me to stay on the machine longer to get a better reading. When the nurse came back in again, she said I was just coming off a contraction. I didn't even know! But now that she told me that, I can tell a little better what it feels like. I started to get really worried I was going into labor! But she said they are irregular and it's just my body getting ready. I'm worried that I'll go into labor and not know it, but I'm guessing they'll get pretty intense when that time comes.

Although I seriously can't wait for her to come, I started getting really scared when I thought she was coming NOW. I'm only at 36 weeks and was worried about her being premature. Stay in there at least one more week, Avery!!

2 comments:

  1. I tried to comment on your last post about your nursery but my computer messed up. Your nursery looks adorable! Funny how owls are kinda popular right now. In fact, I am making owl cookies this week for a little girl's 2nd birthday party. You will love that glider! I still rock Brock every night before I put him down. Avery will come at just the perfect, God ordained moment. Will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Deborah Thanks!! I will probably need lots of advice when she comes :)

    ReplyDelete