Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pregnancy Update - 37 Weeks

Ok ok so I won't technically be 37 weeks until tomorrow, but whose counting? :) I was born three weeks early, so I've had this feeling that Avery will come that early as well. Not sure if it was really a "feeling" or more of me hoping because I can't wait to meet her. So today I went to the doctor for my first exam to see if I'm dilated, etc. I was secretly wishing I was, but I wasn't at all. I know she will come soon enough, and God knows the perfect time, but I feel like a little kid who can't wait until Christmas to open her presents!

I have felt like she has been moving less than normal lately. It started when I got my ultrasound on Monday. The tech has to see certain movements during the ultrasound and Avery wasn't moving much at all, so we were in there forever trying to get her to move. Until that day, there had never been a problem. I almost called the doctor's office on Tuesday because I had hardly felt her move at all, but every time I went to call she would move a little and I thought I was overreacting. When I saw the doctor today, I mentioned this to her, and she wanted to do another ultrasound to be safe. She said whenever something happens, that's the #1 thing people notice - decreased fetal movement.

After the ultrasound, they said the baby looked fine, but my fluid had decreased. They said it was still in normal range, but was lower than it was on Monday, so she wanted to do another ultrasound in a few days. Since that falls on the weekend, I have to go to the hospital to get one on Saturday. She said it's not a huge cause for concern unless it keeps dropping. She told me to drink water until my eyeballs are full, and then drink more! I admit this is something I could be doing better. I have never been a good drinker. I'm just not ever that thirsty, and when I do drink, I drink really slow. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of water. Rustin has been "helping" me though by constantly reminding me to drink :)

I will post again when I find out something. If everything is fine, I really want to go to Wichita Falls next week. The doctor said it was ok since it's only 2.5 hours away and I would be able to get to the hospital in that time should I start going into labor. Rustin is not too keen on the idea though and is accusing me of having a plan to make sure she's born in WF!

No comments:

Post a Comment