Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Visitors

Avery has been entertaining a lot of guests recently. The other day one of my friends, Jennifer, came over with her little boy, Michael. He is exactly three months older than Avery. It's so crazy how fast they change. Michael could sit up and was actually playing with the toys. Avery still lays on her back and just chews anything that comes close to her mouth. I think she had fun with her new friend though, and it was nice for me to get to visit with another mom! I'm bummed I didn't get a picture of them together though. Oh well, we will next time I can convince Jenn to make the drive over here!

My grandma from Florida came into town and my parents drove down here to pick her up and then came by our house. This was the first time she met Avery.



Then they had to bring my grandma back a few days later. Since she was flying out of Love Field, she stayed the night with us and I took her to the airport in the morning. My grandma from Wichita Falls also came down with them and Avery got a pic with both of her great grandmas.


My grandma got to read Avery her bedtime story... (I secretly love this book too. I don't mind reading it to her every night!)


The other day Rustin and I decided to get a few pictures with Avery and her Valentine's outfit her aunt Andrea gave her. It's a 6 month size and I hadn't put her in it yet because I assumed it would be too big, but it's too small! Apparently she's already in 9 month clothes!



And she turned 5 months old!



A few random things that have been going on:

Rustin and I have gone to a couple of concerts...for free. Andrea got us tickets to an 80's cover band (The Molly Ringwalds) at the House of Blues. Then our friends Joel and Hillary had tickets to Mat Kearney at the Majestic Theater and they couldn't make it so gave us their tickets! We had a blast at both and are grateful Rustin's parents could babysit!

Avery is falling into more of a routine. Before I never knew what time she would wake up in the morning. Sometimes it was after 9, sometimes it was 6. Well now she wakes up at 6:30 on the dot every day. Her naps are still a little irregular but they are getting better too. I wish I wouldn't have stressed out so much and just let her settle into a schedule herself, which she seems to be doing. She also has an earlier bedtime - about 7pm - which Rustin and I have really enjoyed. Before she wouldn't go to bed until around 11pm and Rustin would already be asleep so we didn't ever get to hang out at night. Now we have our nights back and can watch our reality shows I suck him into :) 

My mom is coming next week for a visit, then I am going to Wichita Falls the week after that. The first weekend in March I am going to Salado with friends for Jana's 30th birthday. It will be my first night away from Avery so I'm nervous about that but also looking forward to hanging out with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment