Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Happenin' NYE

It's funny when you get older how some things change so much. When I was younger, New Year's Eve was the one night a year I HAD to do something. I would plan with my friends for months. It was the one night you did NOT want to be sitting at home.

Now it is the one night I refuse to go anywhere. I don't want to be around the crazies on the road or the crowds. Also, I have no desire to stay up until midnight. I remember my mom and grandma saying in years past that they couldn't remember the last time they rung in the New Year and I remember thinking "lame." Now that's me. I mean even if I was to stay up or get a babysitter, I would still have to be up with Avery the next morning at 6am so it's just not worth it. I love my sleep too much!

Rustin and I were planning on just hanging out at home, but then we thought we would invite his mom and brother over. I cooked dinner (they were brave to eat it!) and we played games. Here are a few pictures from that night -





It was the perfect New Year celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment