Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Moving


I've had a few people sort of upset with me (not really but you know) that I didn't let them know that Rustin and I are moving so I thought I would explain everything!

We decided to start looking for a house for two reasons. The first reason is that we wanted a little more space. I feel bad saying that because I know there are people who raise 5 kids in one bedroom apts. so I realize that I am very lucky to have the space we have in our house. 

When we bought our four bedroom home, I thought it would be plenty of room, but at the time Rustin wasn't working from home. Well now he works from home I'd say 75% of the time, so one of the bedrooms is completely dedicated to his office. That means whenever kiddo #2 comes around, we won't have a guest room. I know that may not sound like a big deal, but with my parents living out of town, I really liked having it for them to stay in when they came (and any other out of town guests) and also for extra storage. 

Anyway I don't think just the first reason alone would have prompted us to move - at least at this point- which brings me to reason #2. 

Rustin really wants to get another rental property, so we figured since we were thinking of moving anyway, we could rent our current house out, so that sort of solves both problems. 

We have been looking for probably a few months but I didn't mention it to that many people. It's kind of like when you don't announce you're pregnant until after the first trimester. I just didn't know if the whole house thing would even work out, and basically there were just so many unknowns that I didn't want to be "that girl" who makes a big announcement then weeks later is like "just kidding." (Although I may be since I'm writing this a little earlier than I planned. More on that later.)

We had very specific criteria for what we wanted not only in the house itself but also the location. We wanted to stay very close to where we currently live and in Allen ISD.

After looking at tons of houses, putting offers on 4 and them not coming down enough for us (and one just not responding) we finally got a house!! It was only on the market for a day and someone else had also put an offer on already. Luckily we were willing to close sooner than the other people, so they accepted our offer. It is a little over a mile away from our current house.

We are still in the option period and haven't closed yet, which is why I mentioned this may still be too soon for me to bring it up, but oh well. We've already had the inspection though and things seem to be moving along fine. 

There are a lot of things we want to do to the house (just cosmetic stuff), so thank goodness for Pinterest. (And if you follow me on there, I'm going to apologize in advance for the inordinate number of pins you'll see from me.) 

When the closing is official, etc. I'll email out our new address and send pictures. We also plan to have a housewarming party that will hopefully be as fun as the Fiesta themed one we had for this house!


No comments:

Post a Comment