Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Angie's Wedding & My 31st Birthday

So two weekends ago one of my dearest friends, Angie, got married. We met while working together at IBM, but even after we both left we stayed in touch. We were in a small group together at The Village and she was in my wedding.

I've had friends mention they're worried when they get married their friends won't care that much since they've already been to so many weddings, but I don't think that is the case. I feel like I was more excited for Angie's wedding. It's just so cool when you walk with someone through so many stages and  know that they have waited patiently for God's best.

I don't think I blogged about her bachelorette, so I guess now's a good time! We got a limo and went to dinner and dancing in Dallas. It was a blast!


On Friday we had her bridal luncheon at Chocolate Angel in Richardson. I had never been but it was really good! Here is one of the bride to be and me -


And then one of Katie and me -


That night was the rehearsal dinner at Times Ten Cellars in Dallas. It was really a great evening and really impactful to hear what everyone had to say when they opened up the floor. It just further confirmed that they are a really godly family. Rustin said that he hopes people say things at Avery's rehearsal dinner like what they said at Angie's. We both really liked Angie's dad's quote - "When you do it God's way, you get God's results."

This is Rustin and me that night -


Then on Saturday was the wedding. It was amazing. The ceremony was at Royal Lane Baptist Church and the reception was at the Ritz.

This is Kristen and me doing our "house party" duties -



Angie and Drew's first dance -


They gave out sunglasses and glow sticks during the dancing, which Rustin loved.




The next day was my 31st birthday and I got my one wish - to sleep in! My parents still had Avery so I slept until 11am! But I was missing her a ton, so I was super excited to see her when she came home later that day.


So the next weekend we decided to do a join birthday celebration with Catherine and me and go canoeing... with guys this time! 

Getting ready -



And cheese! 

Even though the river was super low, we still had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment