Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day at the Arboretum

Now that Avery is older, there are a few things in Dallas I have been dying to take her to. One of them is the Arboretum. Well I happened to find a deal on Groupon for tickets, so I decided it would be fun to go! 

They have a flower garden set up that is Alice in Wonderland themed, and Fridays are for kids, so I thought it would be the perfect time and she would have a blast! 

First we stopped by the Alice in Wonderland garden - 






So she has started smiling (although not always looking at the camera) when you say "cheese." Well now, apparently, she has started posing - 



Since she loves the water, she was all about the waterfall - 




She loved seeing the fish in the koi pond -


And perhaps the best part - there was a petting zoo!! This girl LOVES animals! She cried when we had to go. 




She liked looking at the lily pads and dragonflies at the pond. I guess it would be a cool pic - looks like we're in the middle of nowhere - except for the random car in the background. 



So she wanted to sit on the ledge, and I thought she looked cute so I started taking her picture.


Then she found something and I kept taking her picture because it reminded me of the exact shot of her in our family photos for Christmas, and still thought it was super cute.


Then Rustin took it from her and we realized it was bird poop.


Then no one was happy. 



I really wanted a picture of us in front of the flowers, but of course she started crying! 



Later she was a little happier so I decided to be brave and ask strangers to take our picture. Normally I would be too scared, but I just had to have a family pic of her first time at the Arboretum!


After the pictures, she was done and ran off into the flowers by herself. 



When we got back around to the entrance, it was time to go. We were all super hot and tired. We decided to stop by Sonic to get a drink, and she thoroughly enjoyed her water.


Oh funny story - while we were at Sonic this elderly lady next to us was waving and smiling at us. I was wondering if I was on that show "Off Their Rockers." Then she even came up to our car! I rolled down the window and she started waving at Avery and looked at me strangely. (I just smiled...what do you do?) Then when she got a good look at Rustin, she said, "Oh I thought you were my son!" I felt bad for her because she seemed embarrassed, but it was pretty funny! 

No comments:

Post a Comment