Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Wichita Mountains and Wichita Falls

First of all, for those of you who subscribe via email - I have no idea why it emailed out a post from Christmas! It was not my doing :)

Anyway...last week we went to Wichita Falls for a visit, and I was excited to have something for her to do (and to have help!) while she got over not having her paci.

Well the first day we got there she didn't have a nap, and we thought it was going to be a hard day, but she was having so much fun, she didn't even notice!

She had a blast chasing Uncle Colby and then having him chase her. I got a little of it on video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUEEob7BdkA

Grandpa tried to get some hugs from her a couple of times, but she "tricked" him. She would point at something, then when he'd look she'd run off! She also handed him a booger at one point.

I have been wanting to go to the Wichita Mountains for a while, and I thought now would be a good time to take Avery and show her everything. It's only about an hour from WF - close to Lawton, OK. I have been going up there ever since I was little.

First we had to eat at Meers. There are a ton of stray cats that live around there, so Avery wanted to hang out with one while we waited for our food.



It was delicious as always! We had to get a pic in front to remember her first time there!



Then we went to the Holy City. They have hummingbird feeders up, and there are always a lot of hummingbirds hanging around. It was hard for Avery to see them, so Grandpa held her up to get a look.



I wanted a picture in front of this cross because I had a picture taken there when I was pregnant.



She had a blast running around and exploring. 




We would have stayed longer, but the sky turned black and the wind turned cold. We made it back to the car just in time before it started raining. We went ahead and drove to the top of Mt. Scott hoping the storm would pass, but it rained the whole time we were up there and we couldn't see anything.

We decided to go to the Visitor Center, which is sort of a mini museum (and indoors!). Avery loved looking at all the stuffed animals. She saw buffalo, a fox, a beaver, prairie dogs, a snake, and many more. 



Her favorite though was the turkey and it had a button to press to make the turkey sound.



Pretty sure the workers were irritated with us because she wouldn't stop pressing the button. I got a short video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGpqHAyhfv8

She followed Uncle Colby everywhere.


Our last night there I couldn't get her to go to bed because Colby was at the house. She kept following him around and hanging out with him. When I would go to see what they were doing she would say "no Mommy" because she wanted to just hang out with him! She wanted him to chase her and would say "Colby chase." And she kept laughing at him continuously.

Uncle Colby was the best entertainment she's ever seen! I didn't get her to bed until almost 9!

We had a blast and I'm glad they live within driving distance!

No comments:

Post a Comment