Sunday, July 7, 2013

Wylie Bluegrass Festival

There were a lot of festivities around our area for July 4th, so I wanted to check some of them out. I guess something I didn't think about with July 4th and a baby is that you don't get to watch the fireworks. (There is no.way. she could stay up until 9:30pm.) So I looked for some things that were during the day (and close).

So anyway I found the Wylie Bluegrass Festival and it looked fun! They had arts & crafts, pony rides, a classic car show and live music. Since it's not too far from us, we decided to check it out. 

There was a little park and Avery, of course, wanted to slide. 


We found a longhorn chair while browsing the arts & crafts, so we of course had to take a picture. It would be the perfect chair for my dad! 


Since it was so hot, Avery had to have a snowball. She can say the word and asks for them all the time.


Then, the best part... she rode a horse!! 




I told Rustin it's kind of like if we ever have a son and the first time he throws a football. I was so excited!! She needs to work on her form (heels down!) but we'll get there :) Rustin likes palominos, but he calls them "blonde" horses. 

She was fine sitting on the horse, but when she started walking, Avery started crying. I got her off, but let her pet the horse for a while. I don't want her to be scared of them. Since then, whenever we drive by horses,  she says she wants to pet them. Maybe she'll be a horse lover like her mom!

Then Rustin's dad was our paparazzi and stole a few shots I didn't know he was taking (the first one we did), but we're glad he captured more of the day for us! 





I think I was lost in this one...


And I loved this one. It looks like I'm getting on to her, but I think I was just asking her if she wanted to ride the horse. Her little face is so cute!


Overall it was a lot of fun, and you can't beat the close drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment